Look how we’ve grown!
Horner Millwork, one of New England’s finest millwork manufacturers and distributors of windows, doors, kitchens, stairs, custom millwork and commercial doors, frames and hardware, continues to grow and expand. Much of the corporations growth has come through expansions, acquisitions and adding custom manufacturing capabilities.
- 1948 – Horner Millwork is established by William Horner.
- 1978 – A devastating fire occurs and Horner is burnt to the ground.
- 1979 – Rebuilt one year after the fire.
- 1980 – Purchased by the Humphrey family.
- 1981 – Horner expands into commercial sales.
- 1988 – First satellite sales office and showroom opens in Southboro, MA, expanding into central and northern Massachusetts.
- 1991 – Horner acquires Cooper Stairworks expanding into preassembled stairs. Horner aquires Phoenix Millwork of Fall River further expanding our sales staff.
- 1994 – Horner opens “Bargains-Closeouts” in Fall River, MA, known today as Remodelers Outlet.
- 1995 – Second satellite sales office and showroom opens in Pembroke, MA serving the South Shore area of Massachusetts.
- 1996 – A 30,000 sq. ft. addition is added to existing production facility taking on full custom millwork capabilities.
- 1998 – The Architectural Services Group is formed to specialize in servicing the needs of the architectural community.
- 2000 – Horner acquires South Florida Millwork in Naples, FL, and enters into a joint venture with HomeSouth Architectural in Savannah, GA.
- 2001 – Design Door Co. is added to our Commercial Sales Group further expanding our presence in metro Boston and Northern Massachusetts.
- 2002 – A 40,000 sq. ft. addition is added to Horner’s production facility increasing it to 215,000 total sq .ft.
- 2003 – The original Design Door Co. located in Medford moves to a new showroom and sales office in Woburn, MA.
- 2008 – A new facility opened in Ft. Myers for the new home of Horner South Florida Millwork.